If you have filed a Failure to Pay Rent action in the District Court of Maryland and have received a money judgment against your tenant, you may wonder what actions you must take to collect upon that money judgment. If you attempt to pursue traditional collections measures, such as a garnishment of wages and/or a bank garnishment, you will most likely receive resistance from the civil clerk’s office for not having a proper judgment on file. Now what?

How to Collect Your Landlord Tenant Money

In order to collect upon that money judgment, you will need to file a Request for Transmittal of Judgment, along with the proper filing fee. This request will allow the Court to assign a civil case number to your matter and enter an enforceable judgment against your tenant. Once the judgment is entered, you will now be able to pursue collection measures against the defendant.

Although this is a very simple step in converting a money judgment disposition in your landlord tenant case to a collectable judgment, this one requirement highlights the importance of employing representation in order to help ensure you are on the right path to collecting monies owed to you.

Contact the Collections Attorneys at Andalman & Flynn

At Andalman & Flynn, we have experienced attorneys who have assisted many individuals and companies in obtaining and enforcing judgments. Please contact our collections attorneys to discuss the facts of your case.

You may also be interested in…

About Andalman & Flynn Collections: For decades, businesses and professionals have been turning to the experienced collections attorneys at Andalman & Flynn for their debt recovery needs. A licensed collections agency, their experienced team successfully navigates the complex laws surrounding debt collection practices. The firm combines cutting-edge technology with savvy, effective debt resolution methods that result in high success rates and fast recovery times. For more information, please visit www.andalmanflynncollections.com.